Refrigerator question.

Just replaced my old refrigerator. Want to sell or donate it but really would like to know the rated size (i.e. How big in cubic feet). BUT a Google search and a phone call to a parts supplier have not turned up any info because it is no longer made. It is a GE TBX16SIZERAD and I am sure it is bigger than 16 cubic feet. Hoping there are some appliance guys with the info, or even someone with an old manual.
TIA Lou

I would guess it's a 16CF because my GE is a 17 and the only number in its model # is 17.
-- Bobby G.

Clue, tbx 16
ransley wrote:

I agree BUT the contents did a pretty good job of filling my new 22.7 CF box. and it is a decent sized box. Maybe they measured differently back in the old days?? More honestly??? I am still looking for someone with real spec.

We replaced a 17 with a 19 a few years ago. And a few months later we bought a mini-frig for all the beverages that no longer fit in the 'bigger' frig. I don't know if they are measuring differently, or just arranging things differently. I know the shelves in the door are deeper- which steals room from the box.
Jim
<stuff snipped>

We replaced a 17 with a 17 and discovered that the freezer to refrigerator compartment ratio was VASTLY different. I no longer have the old one to measure, but based on the same old stuff we always buy, the new freezer is smaller by at least a quarter and maybe even a third. In fact, I am going to measure it to see whether that's true inside space or based on the outside dimensions of the box. (-: It was a real disappointment and a lesson in comparison shopping. I was obsessed with energy ratings and somehow didn't think that 17 CUFt could mean very different things. I even went to see the unit instead of buying it cheaper via the net. So much for my ability to estimate three-dimensional space.
-- Bobby G.
LouB wrote:

Click click, here ya go, http://genet.geappliances.com/DocSearch/Dispatcher
On Dec 11, 8:30am, Fat Dumb & Happy <"Fat Dumb &

Why would you care exactly how big it is to be able to sell or donate an old fridge? For example, just put an ad on craigslist with a picture of it and the model number and say it's believed to be 16 CF. For the record, I'm placing my bets with those that say it is 16 CF.

I think I may do just that, thanks

Damn, another perfectly good thread ruined by facts. You sure spoiled this one.
Fat Dumb & Happy wrote:

THANK YOU!! Your reply is why I asked:-)) Here is what I have: http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name 1730012.PDF
Thanks, again.
Lou