Refrigerator problems in UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
Not only UK, but where ever they are found. Aparently, someone decided to use propane as a refrigerant. Which is fine, until it leaks into the compartment, and is ignited by a spark.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
IIRC about ten years ago 60/40 propane isobutane (R290) "replacement" refrigerants were being sold to DIYers for automobile A/C systems when it became illegal to sell the then used freon based refrigerants to unlicensed users.
There was quite a bit of talk then about the added danger of a propane explosion when the car was involved in a front end collision.
I've heard that those refigerants are banned in quite a few states.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
You're supposed to blow out the candles on the birthday cake before you put the remnants in the fridge! Jeeze!
It's for the children!
Next thing you'll want me to kill my turkey before put it in the fridge?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote: