Refrigerator problem (help!)

I have an oversized refrigerator that is having a problem with it's cooling system. It actually cools just fine, but just recently the evaporation tray (water-collection tray) began filling to the top with water...when it shouldn't be. I'm having to empty it out every couple weeks to keep it from leaking on the floor. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Thanks! Steve
Steve wrote:

Check the doorseal. Water comes in from outside. If your door gasket is leaking and is causing the fridge to act as a "dehumidifier" for the whole kitchen, it will condense out more water than the evaporation tray can release back into the air.
Steve wrote:

Just call the Matag man.
PS- If you don't see at LEAST 4" of butt-crack then he's NFG.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Steve) wrote in message

Hi,
Refrigerator make, model#, approx age?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
What evaporates the water in your refrigerators defrost tray?.....heater, air flow, hot coils underneath??
Door gaskets and doors closing ok?
Use a piece of paper or dollar bill to see if you door seals are good, Is the fan running, is it clean underneath . Is it humid in the house and used alot.
Repair the door seals around the door. If the rubber gaskets don't properly seal, then humid air gets in.
Second, make sure the vents under the fridge are clear, and the fan blowing properly.
Third, some fibrous and wicking material in the tray may help evaporate the water more easily. I'm not sure I can describe it over the Usenet. but a humdifier wick....
fourth, when you take the pan out, scrub it good and give it a stout rinse of clorox bleach. Those pans grow germs like you wouldn't believe.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus