Refrigerator Problem

I have a problem with my fridge, it is a side by side. The top half of both sides are not cold, all the food in the top half of the freezer side is thawed and only the stuff in the bottom half of the fridge side is cold. Anyone know what could be causing this? Should I call someone in or just go look for a new refrigerator? Thanks.

Reply to
Question

Hi, Is the fan running circulating air inside?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'd check the fan first to be sure it is working and circulating the air.

As for getting a new one, that depends on age. A service call is going to be about $100 plus parts. If it is five years old, that is a worthwhile repair. If it is over 20, it becomes questionable. If you can DIY the fan motor, do it for sure.

Get some information and troubleshooting at

Ed Pawlowski

If the bottom is cold and the top is not, it is fairly obvious that the circulating fan is not working!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Air circulation problem of some kind.

Quoting Andy Taylor: "Aunt Bee! Call the man!"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon