refrigerator off an inverter?

I have heard enough horror stories about inverters and furnaces to know the square wave will fry the circuit board in the furnace, but how about a refrigerator? Are there circuit boards in a refrigerator? Do motors die on square waves?
On a related subject, does my $900 refrigerator have a motor reset switch like my $90 compressor, or are they without protection?
toller wrote:

The motor will run just fine on an inverter.
Jim

Motors are less sensitive to square waves than electronics. Make sure you do not have any electronics in the refer. Best to check with the manufacture
Motors draw 6 times full load to start. Make sure that you inverter can handle the starting current.