Refrigerator not cooling only on top

I have a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator where I just noticed the top half of both the refrigerator and freezer are not cooling properly. The bottom 2/3's seems cool. I would assume if the cooling unit has gone bad the it wouldn't be cool everywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this before I go and call the repairman? Thanks.

Reply to
timnels

Could be the evaporator fan motor not circulating the air properly. try

or
for more help

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks Edwin. Seems the defrost timer was shot.

Reply to
timnels