refrigerator not cold

But the freezer is. I pulled it out from the wall to take a look and the thing in the bottom is burning hot to the touch. Maybe it's a motor or compressor. I check for loose wires and none seem to be. Any ideas? I don't know what else to look for.
Kathy wrote:

Hi,
Some possible trouble makers.... http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

Make sure the condensor fan motor is working and the hot condensor coils are cleaned... http://www.applianceaid.com/clean_condenser.html
Thank you very much. I know wht I'm doing tomorrow.
Two possibilities. First is that too often the refrig doors were open and closed so that coils inside the refrig are iced over. Second, the refrig no longer has sufficient coolant. This would have been obvious since the refrigerator was running longer every day during the past month.
While you have it out, vacuum the dust from cooling coils. But this will have absolutely no effect on your problem.
Kathy wrote:

May be the evaporator fan. If the freezer is cold and the rest is not, it may be that the air is not circulating properly. Refrigerators have a small an that blows air between the compartments. Depending on the model, it is often in the back of the freezer under the panels. I've replaced a few over the years for the same symptoms you have.
Check out www.repairclinic.com for troubleshooting and you can order the part if needed. .