Refrigerator non problem

Late last night I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water from the refrigerator water dispenser. I pushed the glass against the lever and heard the solenoid, but no flow. Crap!. I need a new valve and have to pull the fridge out in a tight space, etc. As I was considering my options, the ice maker dumped a load of ice. I heard the solenoid again, but it did not fill.
So, I grabbed a few ice cubes, put them into the glass and went to the sink to fill it. No water!
Turns out, a water main broke a few houses down and the water was shut off to the rest of us. Took them until 3AM to get the water back on. This was the first time in my life that city water failed for any reason.
With no water to drink, I poured some Tullamore Dew over the cubes and sipped that instead. Figured I'd save the last couple of beers for breakfast.

Good choice. Glenfiddich would have been good in that situation as well.
Joe
Oops, that's one reason for a water dispenser not doing its thing. My trailer park has some bad pipes, some where. They have to shut off the entire park every few months for a couple hours at a time, to dig and patch.