refrigerator-no ice making, water dispensing

My 1990 vintage Magic Chef refrigerator stopped filling the ice maker and also stopped delivering chilled water suddenly. The water feed is on and functioning. My initial thought is that the water solenoid has failed and needs replacement. Would you agree? Art.

I guess that would depend. If it is sudden, it could be a solenoid to a valve, but it could also be a line blockage in the refrigerator. If its slow, might be a water filter or mineral buildup. B
Arthur Davis wrote:

and
and
failed and

Hi,
Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Stopped at the same time?

It has been undone from the refrigerator and a good flow has been confirmed?

Possible...the fill valve has one entrance and two exits...most times 1/2 will fail before both failing...might be clogged up with gookus.

This is Turtle.
Water and the Ice Maker Cellinoid valves going out at the same time is like two different people buy the same type car on the same day and move to different states and then 10 years later they both have a wreck on a bridge in the middle of nowhere on the same date they both bought the cars and exactly 10 years later. you odds of this is about 1 in 1,000,000 chance. Now you could be unlucky.
i can't see it from here but go to jeff's trouble shooting page , but i would only be guessing . well I will guess here. I think you lost power to the ice maker and the water in the door circuit or a plugged up filter to the water supply. The both Cellinoids going out at one time is just too much of a long shot for me.
TURTLE
Actually, I've heard a frozen water line in the freezer between the inlet and the ice maker is the most common cause of this. Of course it could be one of a dozen other things!

and also

and
like two

different