Refrigerator light switch

We have an older Kenmore, a top freezer model number 363.9611782. The light stays on. The switch is bad. Sears Parts shows the switch, P/N WR23X0193, as unavailable. Other online sources I've found are a bit vague as to a cross reference to another part number. Any references to good and comprehensive parts sites would be most welcome as would any guidance as to how the switch is removed. TIA NS

Reply to
NickySantoro

There is a good chance they can cross it for you. You can find a 800# on there site, or maybe even find the switch you need on there site. I assume you want the light for youre freezer. If not just take the bulb out

Reply to
hiebs

Hi,

GE online often adds 0's ( zeros ) to there part#'s to make checking on them difficult at other places.

WR23X0193 - WR23X193 -

Usually this switch will come out using a putty knife to pry it out around the edges....remove power first!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Many thanks for the timely response. After a lot more Google I found the part at PartSelect.com. I guess my question now is how the switch comes out. It is the switch for the refrigerator light. The upper freezer section is not illuminated. It looks like it might be just press fitted in. Any guidance on the issue would be most appreciated. TIA NS

Reply to
NickySantoro

Usually they are just press fitted in, You need a screwdriver to gently pry it out. I would like to add that in addition to the net, you can probably find the switch at your local appliance parts store. It should be a pretty common switch.

Reply to
Mikepier

Many thanks to all. Popped it out with a flat blade and local shop has them in stock. Apparently it is pretty generic. Again, thanks to all.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Thankx for the update!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid