Refrigerator handle and shelf brackets

I've just got a used refrigerator. Sears, made by Kenmore. Came missing the refrig door handle, and the three brackets for the shelves.

My parts house wants $29 for the handle, and about $28 each for the shelf brackets. I can probably build something, but prefer to keep it closer to original.

I've tried one wrecking yard, and one appliance place (reccomended by my wholesale house counter man). No joy. Ebay has the parts, for about the same price.

Any other ideas? I'deally, I'd like to keep the unit as original as possible, but I'm rapidly running out of choices.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For what they want for the parts, you might be able to buy a scrap refrigerator from a resale place.

Reply to
hrhofmann

"would you like french fries, and a free refrigerator with that handle?"

Sad, but very possible.

.

For what they want for the parts, you might be able to buy a scrap refrigerator from a resale place.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Look for an appliance recycler near you Sort of like a car part recycler But I doubt that you will be saving that much when you factor in your time and effort.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

I'm not sure I've heard of such a thing. But, I'll make a few phone calls, and look in the phone book. See what comes to light.

.

Look for an appliance recycler near you Sort of like a car part recycler But I doubt that you will be saving that much when you factor in your time and effort.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What do the brackets look like. I have all of the parts from a WP side by side. I also have a WP handle, the D shaped one about 18" long.

Reply to
gfretwell

Mine's a frezer on top, so the parts probably won't interchange. Sounds like almost an offer, which is very kind of you.

.