refrigerator gasket repair

I have a 20 year old refrigerator that cools well, but the gasket is breaking down in one corner. Can I repair it? Where can I source a repair gasket?
The brand is Montgomery Wards, who is no longer in business.
Thanks!

Best to replace vs repair the gasket, if it is still stocked. Depends on which major manufacturer built the fridge for M.W. Is google broken? Inputting Montgomery Ward, I got 42,000 hits. There must be a door gasket kit somewhere in there. Get the model no. off the back of unit - then try to suss out the original manufacturer, and the corresponding non-MW fridge..
Jeff McAhren wrote:

repair
Hi,
Your abilities is unknown to us...but probably :)

Get your model# and check some of the on-line resources... http://www.applianceaid.com/links.html
How to change a common refrigerator door gasket... http://www.applianceaid.com/frig-doors.html ...so you can get an idea on how the job is done.
Replacing a door gasket is relatively easy.
Look in the yellow pages under appliance repair parts. You will need the model number of your unit. It will probably be on a plate that is visible when the door open.
Place the new gasket out in the sun or tumble in the dryer briefly to get the kinks out before you begin.

On 2/13/2005 3:30 PM US(ET), Jeff McAhren took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

They still are in business, but no longer sell appliances. http://www.wards.com/wards/default.asp?partnera
--
Bill

Check out www.repairclinic.com or www.applianceaid.com
Keep in mind that a 20 year old refrigerator is getting past its prime. A new one will probably cut your electric bill $15 or so. If you think the repair is expensive, start thinking about replacement.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

It may be past the prime but you won't save $15 a month on electricity unless it has terrible efficiency or your electricity is very high. My 28 year old refrigerator doesn't use $15 of electricity per month. My electric bill is only $30 when not in the heating or cooling seasons. That includes a refrigerator, a freezer, lights, cooking, TV, radio, stereo, shop work, attic fan, etc.
Jeff McAhren wrote:

Any appliance repair store; doesn't matter what the brand of refrigerator. But all you probably need is some stick on foam door gasket, especially if the corner is on the hinge side. Just put the put foam tape along side the gasket.