Refrigerator freezes foo

Okay, solve this problem:

No matter how much I cut off, the board's STILL too short.

Reply to
JerryMouse

Brian:

B > I have an older electric GE refrigerator (about 1975, model TB125VB) B > that I am having trouble with. It contiues to freeze the food in the B > refrigerator compartment no matter how low I set the thermostat. I B > have changed the thermostat and it still contiues to freeze the food. B > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Turn the thermostat the other way. "No matter how low" implies you are turning down to make it colder.

It could also be the thermostat is stuck closed so the compressor is running all the time. May be less expensive in the long run to buy a new energy-efficient refrigerator than to replace the faulty part, especially if you will be hiring someone to do the repair.

  • Nagline: I'm going to give you until the count of three!
Reply to
barry martin

That's easy. Just measure how short it is and then cut off that much. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I just solved my 1-2 year freezing problem. In my Amana, there is ONE temperature control and that is a dial in the freezer section (bottom of refrig). There is another dial at the top part of the refrig that I finally found out is a fan that pulls air from the freezer into the refrig and recirculates it around. It does NOT change the freezer temp at all.

So, I bought THREE thermometers. One is in the freezer to make sure I'm at

30-32 deg F. The 2nd is in the refrig near the top to make sure it's near 40 deg F or whatever is a good temp. The 3rd is in my veggie drawer to make sure I'm never going below 32 deg F. There is a direct connection between any one of your refrig thermometers going below 32 and the freezing of food (duh, :-) )

How I finally did this was first set the freezer, then set the fan that tweaks the refrig. If you're freezer is too cold, you're making it very difficult to keep your refrig warm enough.

There is another connection: there is a tube that comes up from the freezer and connects almost directly into the "meat drawer" that is extra cold. Make sure that connection is tight or you're getting another path of cold air into the refrig.

Good luck,

Howard in Santa Rosa

Reply to
Howard Moss