refrigerator freezer troubles

Been doing so for the last day or two.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Here is an example of where you can prove that you're not lying. I'd like to see a LDS source that says the LDS teaches this about the polygamous life.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It would help to know where I you think I am lying about your religion.

Reply to
Todd

One more challenge for you to prove that you are not lying.

I've heard of and read of plenty of arch. evidence.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Strange, I was just thinking about you, and your refusal to accept evidence.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi Stormin',

You apparently missed this in one of my other posts.

and 346

?The grand reason why the Gentiles and philosophers of his school persecuted Jesus Christ, was, because he had so many wives; there were Elizabeth, and Mary, and a host of others that followed him.?

The grand reason of the burst of public sentiment in anathemas upon Christ and his disciples, causing his crucifixion, was evidently based upon polygamy, according to the testimony of the philosophers who rose in that age. A belief in the doctrine of a plurality of wives caused the persecution of Jesus and his followers.

-- A Discourse by Elder Jedediah M. Grant, Delivered in the Tabernacle, Great Salt Lake City, Aug. 7, 1853. Reported by G. D. Watt.

Was "Elder Jedediah M. Grant" not one of yours?

Are you presuming your Jesus left his family behind? I though the purpose of the boat to the new world was to transport them. Am I misread this?

-T

Reply to
Todd

Was it presented to the Quorem of the 12, and sustained as church docrine? Some of the early guys were a bit out into space.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

CY: Cause I've used both of the priesthoods.

CY: Which is why it's so nice to have a prophet, and revelation.

CY: And you're certainly mistaken about LDS not being Christian.

CY: And that's relevant, how?

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You could always show me some of your evidence and its independent verification. Seems to me you should be (the good kind of) proud about that kind of stuff. And by the way, if you have a theory, you prove it to me, not the other way around. I can not say the moon is made out of swiss cheese and then challenge you to disprove it.

Reply to
Todd

CY: What was the date of this quote, and who were they discussing? It was about 1820 and they were talking about the people of that time. Do try to keep up.

CY: Your mind reading fails, also.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi Stormin',

I do not believe I ever saw you present any to me. Did I miss one of your posts?

-T

Reply to
Todd

It was delivered in 1853, if that helps. Are you able to confirm the validity of Elder Grants testimony with your church elders?

Reply to
Todd

And this has been interesting discussion. I've decided again to end this waste of time. I'm going to use my time to answer email, go on service calls, and take a nap. Any of which are more useful than encouraging Todd towards truth and light.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

1820 may have been when the quote was made from your angle from your god, but is refers to all times, not just 1820. You are not going to deprive me of my Abomination title that easily.
Reply to
Todd

Christians believe differently than Mormons. Duh!

If you are trying for a convert, it would be better if you expended your energy elsewhere. I was presented both Christianity and Mormonism as a kid. I chose the Christian path.

I don't mind discussing our differences, or explaining Christian beliefs with anyone who asks. I am rather fond of Christianity. I even don't mind if other share theirs with me. I see it as a sign of friendship that someone would want to share with me something that has great meaning in their life.

What is important is that we be respectful of each other. And you are being really disrespectful to Christians by calling yourself a Christian when you are not. The non-virgin birth of Jesus especially makes our skin crawl.

And, please feel free to tell any Christian that claims to be a Mormon or a Jew or a Hindu or a Muslim that he is being disrespectful as well.

Reply to
Todd

First, there is no proof God exists.

Second, if a deity does exist, you have no proof which religion is the official religion.

And until you have real proof, you are just deluding yourself.

Reply to
God

CY: Yes, there is. He just posted to Usenet.

CY: Sure, we can ask on Usenet.

CY: I await the conclusive answer.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

I believe in being respectful to PEOPLE. That's different than with supernatural BS (God, etc...), which obviously DOESN'T deserve respect.

Reply to
sam E

Just curious where you draw your line.

Does your respect for people also include those people who do believe in God no matter how weird you think their belief is?

Reply to
Todd

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

What would you accept as proof?

Science would not be a good choice and religion and science do not mix. Plus, scientific truths in are always changing: in science, todays truths are always tomorrows falsehood.

Just out of curiosity, do you think Christian believers were just presented some beautiful intellectual argument that changed our minds? 2 + 2 = 4, so god exists?

-T

By the way, here is something for you to ponder. Even if you do not believe in god, you want believers around you. This is how John Adams put it:

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

So be nice to those believers around you.

Reply to
Todd