Refrigerator/freezer that doesn't circulate air between freezer and fridge sections

I know some people here are into appliances, so maybe someone can help me.
I'm looking for a refrigerator/freezer that doesn't circulate air between freezer and fridge sections. The reason is to contain odors and prevent having stinky ice so often.
I've looked at the major brands web sites, but none of them say anything about this in the specs, at least not that I can see.
BTW, I'm also posting this to rec.food.cooking, because I know there are some appliance-knowledgeable people over there also.
Thanks,
Abe

Alternatives: A. Learn how to package your stinky food so as to contain the odour. B. Get a refrigerator with a built-in ice maker housed separately from the cooling and freezing compartments.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

The stinky ice comes from making large pots of soup, or large roasts that need to be set in the fridge to cool. Soup pot tops and roasting dish covers are only so tight.

Abe wrote:

Bag your ice in zip-lock bags?
Lou

Now why would you put hot food in the frige to cool
ransley wrote:

Never cool off hot food in the fridge, it's a total waste of energy. Let things cool to room temp, then put them in the fridge. If it's winter you can set them outside until they are fridge temp then it costs you nothing,.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Sunfrost sells has them (sunfrost.com) but they are quite expensive and not your usual refrigerator. Depending on your layout, you could perhaps get separate refrigerator and freezer.
Wayne

unusual.

No typical home refrigerator works like that. You need one with two compressors. Maybe a big Sub Zero would or you buy separate units.
Abe wrote:

Get some Tupperware.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8