Refrigerator Door Gaskets

I have replaced a dozen or so over the years and other than never having enough hands to hold the gasket, trim piece, screw and screw gun at the same time, it's never been a problem.
Now I have a couple or three Whirlpool/Roper refrigerators in rentals and when you peek under the door gasket, there is no hardware. The lip of the gasket is behind the inner door liner and it appears that the whole mess is glued to the door.
Are these things replaceable or do they expect you to just buy a new refrigerator when they fail?
John
John~ wrote:

Hot glue gun?
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Refrigerator-Door-Gaskets-180681-.htm SaraDupre wrote: HeyBub wrote:

Hi John! I'd recommend performing the very simple dollar bill test before replacing your door gaskets. <a href=\"http://www.jesrestaurantequipment.com/jesrestaurantequipmentblog/commercia l-refrigeration-door-gaskets/\">This article</a> describes it. It also hassome tips on preventative maintenance. Hope this helps.
is the gasket being eaten with byproducts of a nearby space heater? not getting the problem in buffalo ny.
John~ wrote:

My 5 year old Amana fridge's manual suggests treating the gaskets with petroleum jelly on occasion. I presume it extends their useful life.