Refrigerator compressor noise

I have a Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator (model 106.70182001) that is roughly five years old. For about a year now I've heard a thud, which I assume occurs when the compressor stops. Is the compressor accessible without opening the system? I'm wondering if it might be something as simple as replacing a broke/worn spring.

Usually a broken spring inside the compressor. It may run like that for many more years; mine did for about 10 years. No, it is not accessible from outside.
Nope. Compressors are welded shut. They are replaced as a unit.
If it's less than five years, the sealed system warranty may cover it.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.