Refrigerator Coils

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070000020209070305000305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I inherited an old refrigerator, that is in the garage, when I purchased my home.
I notice that with the temps around 90, the coils on the back of the refrigerator are so hot I cannot touch them. I moved the cords so that they would not touch the hot coils, but I am wondering if this is safe? Should I pitch the refrigerator?
My kitchen refrigerator is fairly new, and there are no coils on the back of it. Where are the coils located in the new refrigerators - underneath, under the back cover where you cannot see them, etc.?
Thanks.
Kate
--------------070000020209070305000305 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------070000020209070305000305--

The newer ones have the coils in the bottom or under a cover at the back. Uou should find where they are at and blow the dust out from them. Especially if they are on the bottom and get very dirty.
Yes, it's safe. It is OK to put a fan behind the fridge, blow away some of the heat, keep the coils cool.
New fridge, the coils are under. You have to open the door and pull off the cover to see them.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.