Refrigerator

Our refrigerator still works fine but it is about 12 years old. Last week I cleaned the coils and afterwards saw water running out. The clear plastic tube that goes in the icemaker was loose - so I fixed it (just pushed it back up there) and it worked fine....no leak. Early today I went in and saw a pool of water in front of the refrig....a low place in the tile. Guess it had run down and pooled ... and then dried up under the refrig. Cleaned it up and watched. This PM I saw some more water. Moved the refrig. out from the wall and there is a small puddle under there ... cannot tell where it is coming from. The plastic tube is still up where it belongs. The pan that holds water from defrost has a small amount of dirty water. The water on the floor is clean. Have run my hand all along the copper pipe from wall to where it goes into refrig. and don't feel anything.

Does anybody have any idea? We have the refrig. out from wall with newspaper on the floor under the copper pipe to see if we can tell "where" ...

At what point does it pay to just get new refrigerator and not bother to fix old one? Want to be sure the leak is from the refrig. but can't think what else it could be ... too far from dishwasher I think.

Reply to
Dottie

I wonder if the leak happens when the ice maker is taking on water? I would re-check "all" connections from the source to the ice maker. Look inside an see if the ice maker is seated properly.

-- Oren

Oren

The ice maker came on for a few seconds, ran water in, and nothing leaked.

I am wondering about the condenser pan. There is about an inch or more of water in there now...it is yucky...rust colored. I think I am going to vaccum it out and see if getting the crud out will make it evaporate faster. The water that was on the floor looked clean...I am not sure the water in the pan would look that clean. We are still just watching.

Oren wrote:

Reply to
Dottie

Got any frozen drips on the inside wall ... adjacent the ice maker?

I agree a good cleaning can't hurt - add a little bleach.

-- Oren

Oren

Reply to
Rich256