refrig ice maker quit working

When I tried blowing into it as hard as I could, I couldn't tell that I wa getting any air through.

Reply to
Jan Philips

replace the ice maker, or call a service tech..

Reply to
bob haller

Jan,

With the ice maker on, pour some water (about a cup or possibly less, depending upon the size of the tray) into the ice maker tray and wait (it could take several hours) to see if any ice cubes are made and dumped into the ice bin. The results will tell you whether or not the ice maker itself or the solenoid valve, as others here have suggested, is at fault.

I may have missed part of this thread, so excuse me if it's already been stated, but are you certain that water is actually coming out of the line itself? Just because you see water in the line doesn't really mean that much. Those T style saddle valves aren't the greatest in the world. It should be easy enough for you to disconnect the line at the back of the refrigerator, which is usually connected directly to the solenoid valve, place it in a suitable container and have someone open the valve. If you have water there and the previous "ice test" worked, then it's probably an issue with the solenoid valve. Those are easily replaced.

Hope this helps.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis