refrig ice maker quit working

When I tried blowing into it as hard as I could, I couldn't tell that I wa getting any air through.

Fix the compressor first. Remove the tire filler end. Get a female coupler at any hardware store. Also get a male coupler for the tire filler. Then buy a blow gun attachment and screw a male adaptor on that. Now you can plug either the tire filler or the blow gun onto your compressor hose. This will cost you around $10 to $15.
Now use the blow gun to blow out your water tube. Be sure to remove it from the fridge and the pipe where it is connected before doing this.

Jan,
With the ice maker on, pour some water (about a cup or possibly less, depending upon the size of the tray) into the ice maker tray and wait (it could take several hours) to see if any ice cubes are made and dumped into the ice bin. The results will tell you whether or not the ice maker itself or the solenoid valve, as others here have suggested, is at fault.
I may have missed part of this thread, so excuse me if it's already been stated, but are you certain that water is actually coming out of the line itself? Just because you see water in the line doesn't really mean that much. Those T style saddle valves aren't the greatest in the world. It should be easy enough for you to disconnect the line at the back of the refrigerator, which is usually connected directly to the solenoid valve, place it in a suitable container and have someone open the valve. If you have water there and the previous "ice test" worked, then it's probably an issue with the solenoid valve. Those are easily replaced.
Hope this helps.
Peter.