Refractory Ceramic

Hi,
I recently repaired my boiler which involved removing the burner box cover. In the process of the repair I dropped the cover which contained the insulation material and lot of white dust was thrown up into the air. My boiler is a 2002 model so obviously the insulation isn't asbestos but I'm concerned that it may be a refractory ceramic which I've heard is a similar health risk. The insulation material is a friable white board and during the repair I noticed some of it had disintegrated into powder. Are refractory ceramics used for insulation in small home boilers and if so is there any way to identify if my insulation is of this type?
Regards, Kev
Could be...see:
http://www.rcfc.net/questions.htm