refinishing old oakwood floors.

My old flooring has different colors of wood and the filler is coming up different shades on the wood when I stain it. What can I do to make the filler the same color as each piece of the wood as I stain it?

Carol S.

Reply to
dtrader7777

The best luck I have had is to sand the floor and then mix small amounts of the sawdust mixed with Elmer's white glue and fill the areas as needed than sand the area smooth. Then finish with final coats of poly etc. Muff

Reply to
Muff