Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets

I am looking at a quick way of bringing old doors back to life. I have raised pannel Oak and not a lot of money to spend.
I see something call 'Wood Condition' that doest strip the finish, but removes old varnish. Anyone had luck with this?
My other option is a couple quick passes of steal wool, a quick coat of matching stain, then a coat of minwax clear poly.
Thanks,
C_Kubie
On 18 Jan 2005 09:48:54 -0800, c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Clean them well with laquer thinner and a very fine steel wool. Stain a quarter of a shade darker, then coat with a clear varnish.
They come up beautifully.
Ken
Nobody can give a correct opinion without Seeing them, take one to a Pro.