Reducing Dead Animal Smell

Page 2 of 2

It's hazardous to be in a room with ozone. Although a hospital uv light fixture, claimed to be near zero ozone, help make the air smell sweet. Ozone is for uninhabited rooms. It dissipates in short order, then you can enter. The ozone goes back to oxygen.
Greg
TimR wrote:

If the EPA is against them, that's a mark in their favor!
Yes, Ozone generators, and not the piddly kind either, will rid a room of any organic occupant - be it a smell or mold. It is used to clean up after dead things and very dead things.

I don't know if I'd say *against*-- but they sure aren't *for* them. http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

And it is easy enough to run it when nobody is in the room--- kind of like a bug bomb.
Jim
On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 07:29:51 -0700, Steve B wrote:

Well, potentially there's matching of paint or wallpaper to worry about, or texturing on the wall (our house walls are all textured, and although I can replace plain 'ol drywall, I have no idea how to do the texturing and make it match the style that's already there so that it doesn't stand out)
cheers
Jules
Jules Richardson wrote:

Here's how:
Put some sheetrock mud in a bowl. Add water to make it somewhat liquid.
Dip a stiff brush in the mess.
Holding the brush upside down, flick spots of diluted joint compound at the wall.
If not right, wipe off and start over with a thicker/thinner mixture.