Reduce cold air through receptacles

My house is 40 years old. I have sealed all cracks on stucco walls and around windows etc. In winter, still lot of cold air comes in through electric receptacles inside exterior walls. Is there a common way to heat insulate them? Due to possible shock hazard, I don't want to just touch them before getting some advice.
Thanks,
John
John61 wrote:

Sure -- depending, you can use some of the expanding foam around the outside of the box (careful to don't use too much and blow out a wall when it expands in a closed space), use some fiberglass or other insulation to push in the gaps, etc., or/and go buy the little foam covers that have cutouts for outlets, switches, etc., that will fit behind the cover plates.
I recommend the pre-cut foam gaskets that you can buy at the DIY stores. You only need a screw driver and a few minutes to take car of it. You don't see them and they do a good job.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

My parents had trouble with the cold. They used these "fake plugs" that were supposed to keep babies from sticking things in.

Mark Lloyd