red ink on whites

found a red pen in the dryer this eve. it left clumpy red stains on the whites...
anyone have any success removing this kind of disaster?
-a|ex

Try hair spray and then scrub them up.
Randy http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

Blot with some 91% alcohol-soaked rag. Then treat the stains with OxiClean (dissolve 1 Tablespoon in 1/2 cup boiling water in a 2 cup container). Always check the washer, dryer, and all clothing pockets to avoid this kind of disaster.
127.0.0.1 wrote:

I'll go with what the others have said: both hair spray and rubbing alcohol will help lift the stain. Don't put the item in the drier until you've gotten it out or it'll set permanently. Wash it with Oxyclean. With any luck and some perseverence you may get it out.
I once dropped some blueberry cobbler on my shirt in a restaurant and got the stain out with some white wine. I can get blood out with plain soap if I attack the stain before it dries.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
127.0.0.1 wrote:

Blue pen, white lab coats. Took them to the dry cleaner, who removed the ink without a trace.