Red cloud cleaner

Anyone heard of this product, or something with a similar name -- Redcloud, Red Clouds, supposedly some sort of industrial cleaner....

If so, any idea where/how to purchase?

Reply to
timbirr

No, and apparently, neither has Google. What are you trying to clean?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Yeah, I googled the hell out of it. I was told by a pharmacist, that a popular outdoor skin cleaner that goes for $35 for a one-ounce tube is the exact same thing as red cloud (or clouds??) industrial cleaner, which goes for about 1/100th the price.

Reply to
timbirr

What are you trying to clean?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Dawn dish liquid and a fingernail brush. There's not much it won't remove. It'll probably take most of your skin moisture with it, but that's fixable.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Sorry I was being a smart ass when I made the "skin" reply, meant to qualify it and hit the send button instead. Anyway to clarify, poison ivy/oak oils....

Reply to
timbirr

Probably you (or he) are misremembering "redmond scientific", which is apparently now "meangreen.com".

Reply to
Goedjn

I suggested Dawn because I was acquainted with one of the product managers when it first was introduced. He said the stuff was not intended to soften hands or make butterflies float around the kitchen like in the commercials for competing products. The idea was to create a cleaner that was the closest thing to the much harsher stuff used in restaurants. I've used it to get motor oil sludge off of clothing. I'm sure it'll take care of plant oils.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I don't know how we got red clouds out of that....but meangreen does appear, at least the bit I've looked on google, to possibly be the stuff. I'll "scratch deeper" Thanks...

Reply to
timbirr

Is this for a future problem with poison ivy, or are you messed up right now?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

What you want is Tecnu Oak & Ivy cleanser. It's not very expensive, and a little goes a very long way. Available at most pharmacies. I'm highly allergic and this stuff is a lifesaver. Tecnu also has related products and creams for skin inflammation and rashes.

Mys Terry

I'm a tree farmer. I've always got a bit of the stuff going on. I like to keep a supply handy, as I never know when the "itch will hit."

I only treat if it gets in a "delicate spot" or begins to take over a large area of skin, otherwise copious amount of "as hot as I can stand it" water deadens itch enough that I can live with it.

I've used TecNu cleaner for years. TecNu has a new product out, "Extreme" which I hear is the best yet for cleaning the rash, but I haven't tried it yet. The cost is also supposed to be reasonable.

But, I figured If I could get a five-gallon tin or so of "Red Cloud" or whatever it is for $10-50, even if it's not as good as some of the "specialty products" I'd bear it for the $$$ savings. LOL

Reply to
timbirr

Try

Edwin Pawlowski

I don't think any kind of industrial cleaner can be bought through that website. Edwin, did you actually check it?

bonnie

Reply to
rosebud