RED C2 eggshell paint - questions

Hi

Last week I bought C2 Canadian Flag in acrylic latex eggshell. I painted my dining room this weekend and have some questions with regards to eggshell paint in particular since I have never used it before.

I used the recommended primer and painted two coats of primer. The room is approximately 160sq feet and I used the whole gallon of primer (specs 350sq feet per gallon). After more than 12 hours I started applying the eggshell paint. I did two coats of the Canadian Flag and used most of the gallon I bought.

My questions are:

1) It still seems as if I will need to give a third coat of the eggshell paint. Is there a time period you should wait before deciding whether more coats of paint are needed? This morning the color seems more consistent, but I would like to know how long it will take before I see the "true color" of this product. 2) The eggshell just seems to have too much sheen for my liking. Will the sheen decrease as the paint dry? Will a third coat make it more glossy? Do I have to wait a time period before I decide if the sheen is too much? 3) If the eggshell proves to be too glossy for my taste after all, is it recommend painting a coat of flat over the eggshell? Will the flat "bond" to the eggshell and not start to peel after a time? Or should I prime again?

As a last remark - I love this color and the C2 paint is fabulous to work with!

Thanks Maya

Reply to
Maya

If it needs a coat give it a coat when dry, did you check a sheen sample card at the store, one companys eggshell is anothers satin. Im speaking of Moore vs Sherwin Williams It will dull down a bit over time and get as shiney as it is meant to be. You should be asking the paint store these questions I have no idea what kind of paint you bought.

Reply to
m Ransley

Yes, I did check a sample at the store. Actually you can buy a poster board size sample taht is painted with the actual paint - in eggshell. It did not look as glossy on the board however. I am wondering if the huge number of pigments in the paint - because it is red - are causing the more glossy/ reflective apprearance. I painted the bottom half of the wall with a sand color from the same manufacturer and also in eggshell and it does not reflect light as much.

The paint I bought was C2 -

I did ask the paint store and they said it will dull a bit over time, but not much. I thought that this group was supposed to be used by people to get second opinions and tips from others.

Maya

Reply to
Maya