Recycling

Hi guys,

I'm currently on a project, one that involves recycling pallets and turning them into fence. I think it's all over the internet now, and i really think it makes a lot of sense. Pallets are available almost everywhere, and they usually end up in the dump.

How about you? Have you ever done a recycling project?

Please share your ideas and experience. Would really appreciate it.

Reply to
ownerbuilder2012

I can turn beer into urine.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

ownerbuilder2012 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@diybanter.com:

Actually, few end up in the dump. Pallet-making places will pick them up in volume for free; they re-sell the pallets as-is, or they use the wood to make new pallets for re-sale.

Also, keep in mind that the softwood comes from trees grown specifically to make wooden items, so "recycling" them is a bit daft. Softwood used for pallets is the lowest, poorest-quality wood out there.

Reply to
Tegger

I was 99% sure you were a shill for the for-profit website that pirates our free group the last time you posted. Now I'm 100%. GFY.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Why are you posting from diybanter?

Why can't you formulate a better subject line, like this:

"How do you recycle wooden pallets?"

Wouldn't that have been a more informative and useful subject line?

What's the real reason for your posts?

You seem to want to start some sort of general, open-ended conversation about a subject, and then walk away and not participate in the resulting thread.

Why?

What do you get out of that?

Reply to
Frank Stein