Recycle Gymnasium hardwood floor

My church is getting a new hardwood basketball floor in the gym. I am wondering is there any way to recycle the floor boards that are being torn out for use in a home floor?

Reply to
Jack

Mulan

yeah, it's a ton of work. if it has been sanded multiple times, it won't fit together well. i have heard of people running it through a thickness planer so that it will form a flush surface on top. also, you will have to scrape the old finish and dirt off of each piece so they go together tightly. by the time you are done, you might think the 2 or 3 bucks a square foot you spend on new looks pretty cheap!

Reply to
marson