Record 5.6 magnitude earthquake shakes Oklahoma

=================== Record 5.6 magnitude earthquake shakes Oklahoma

Oklahoma Geological Survey seismologist Austin Holland said the fault has been active since early Feb. 10.

?It was very loud,? Lincoln County resident Mary Reneau said. ?The big grandfather clock we have stopped at 2:15 a.m. Reneau was told by Holland the epicenter was almost directly under their two-story brick home, which is about five miles northwest of downtown Prague. Reneau spent Saturday morning cleaning up broken dishes and glass in her kitchen. There also were some cracks in the home?s walls.

Making matters more interesting is the fact the Reneaus recently were informed by their insurance company that their earthquake insurance had been dropped.

She said the family had taken out the insurance several years ago. ===================

Good to see these insurance companies are always on the ball, thinking of their customers eh?

Reply to
Home Guy

this sized quake is right ariound the design limeits for some nuke plants. at some point the US may have a fukashima sized event.....

and the nuke power industry isnt insured for squat. they got a free pass from congress

Reply to
bob haller

The after shock??? last night about 10:30 shook the tar out of our old house. I thought the furnace may have had the fan motor come loose and it was banging around in the cabinet. No apparent damage, but all the neighbors stepped outside also, so it was substantial. It was much noisier than any others I've been through in Boulder, Co., back in the late 60's which knocked plates off the shelf.

Reply to
DanG

THE ABOVE LINK IS USELESS

Reply to
jw

Dont know when this thread bagan, I just saw the partial link on the first post in the thread (first one I saw in the thread). Not that I really care all that much. I dont know when this quake even occurred, did not see anything on the tv news about it. For all I know, this thread might go back several years. I've seen that happen too.

Reply to
jw

Bob Haller, because he's using google groups to read and post to usenet (I would rather slide down the sharp end of a razor blade than use google groups) he's the one that screwed up the link. Or rather, google groups did.

If you were using a half decent usenet reader (which I thought Forte Agent was) then it's as simple as sorting your thread display by Subject (not by Date). That would show you all the posts with the same subject line, with the original post at the top of the list - easy to click on and view.

Here's the link:

Home Guy

Is this still a home repair newsgroup? Consider posting this on Google News.

Reply to
Joe