Recommended tool list for new owner of a fixer-upper

Page 2 of 2

*Those are all good suggestions if he will need those particular tools. However there is no telling what tools will actually be needed until he starts a project. After years of buying tools in anticipation of need and then having them sit unused, I now only buy a tool when I need it for a certain job.
I suggest a gift card to Lowes, Home Depot, Sears or perhaps a local supply company. That way he can get what he really needs whether it is tools or materials.

All good ideas except maybe the chisels. I would certainly add a prybar such as this: http://www.zorotools.com/g/00058576/k-G1517853?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw =&gclid=CNiv4pbIqq8CFWeFQAod7FZhYQ
Having remodeled several homes, I couldn't live w/o this, but get a corded one. http://www.milwaukeetool.com/tools/sawzallreciprocating-saws/sawzall-reciprocating-saws
Also don't forget a good pair of safety glasses. Having to go to the emergency room to get something removed from the eye is no fun!!