Recommended Paint Removal for Molding abovr Baseboard

I'm painting my bedroom in my 70 y/o house. The decorative molding abovr the baseboard is disfigured with many layers of paint. I'm thinking either replace to molding or strip it with paint remover. It's way too thick to sand off.
Thanks,
Mike
Buddy told me about a paint remover that removes multiple layers at the same time, bit he doesn't rememeber the brand name.
Mike

Use a heat gun.
That's a thought.
Mike