Recommendations for a temporary wall?

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some advice for installation a temporary wall in my studio condo. I am basically looking to construct a little sleeping alcove, so the wall I would like to create would only need to be about waist-high. Maybe a tad higher. It would only have to be a little longer than a king size mattress. I am also open to the idea of the temporary wall not being dry-wall. I am simply looking for a interesting way to create the alcove. It's not a huge endeavors, but I am very unfamiliar in this arena so any and all help and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you very much. The perpendicular wall is made from drywall. The ceiling is concrete and the floors are wooden. Thanks again!

Gene

Reply to
gene.ellis

Someone in this group responded to a similar question about a year ago. Their answer was kinda neat and easy so I remember it.

You can use slab doors hinged so as to create a foldable screen. Buy them a undrilled blank slabs and when you are done using them for this you can use them as doors or desk tops. They are sold in sizes from 12" - 36" wide by

80" tall.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

The door slab is a neat idea. Book cases would work too. I once saw a loft with 6 foot high book case on wheels and hinged to the wall to form an alcove. TB

Reply to
tbasc

For cheap strong temporary try thick corregated cardboard, like referigerator boxes.

Reply to
Nick Hull

For temporary, like a day or two, maybe. For anything longer than that, or for any time in which you have guests, choose a material that isn't QUITE so eager to go up in flames.

Reply to
Goedjn

Or laughter... if you want to live in a cardboard box, you might as well just move outside and join the ranks of the homeless :)

Reply to
blueman

Folding screens are nice, come in 3 panel or 6. Ours is maple, but have seen black and dark wood. Wood frame, paper or fiber insert is like oriental rice paper. Or, you can suspend a rod from ceiling and have some sort of curtain. Another thought would be wood or plastic shutters, put together like folding closet doors. They come with louvers or will take fabric inserts, lots of sizes. Vertical blinds (yuck). Buy some styrofoam blocks, coat with something paintable and build a wall. Bookcases or shelves, decorate back side.

Reply to
Norminn

Awesome ideas...Thanks everyone!

Reply to