Recommend a refrigerator brand?

Page 2 of 2

I chose Amana, simply because this model had the thickest walls in the store, plus it was a scratch and dent.

Whirlpool isn't bad. They'd be my second choice. I'd go Whirlpool only if I couldn't find something I like (unlikely) made by Frigidaire / lectrolux. -Dave

Frigidaire used to be a customer of mine. I'd not buy anything from them. They ere good many years ago, but I see the cheap crap they are putting in there stuff now. Cut cost is their goal.

Same could be said for every major brand. I've bought some frigidaire appliances lately. I'm happy with them. But I've been buying their stuff since the 60s with no problems. -Dave

I bought their stuff in the '60s also. They were a part of GM back then. In the 70's, appliance companies started to consolidate and lost there way. Then White Consolidated Industries, the owner of labels like Frigidaire, Norge, Gibson, White, Westinghouse, and a bunch of others had a study of brand recognition done. People associated Frigidaire with quality and reliability so they dumped most of the other brands and called themselves Frigidaire. That was until they were bought out again by Electrolux.
They were a big customer at one time, they we decided not to be a supplier to them any more. They sent us a letter with unreasonable demands on price reduction and rebate of 5% of their previous year purchases. A competitor of our jumped at the chance and took the business away from us. They eventually confirmed we made the right decision when they filed Chapter 11
Ed Pawlowski:

As compared to who? Whom are you recommending?

Whirlpool or Kitchen Aid are my choices. Mine have been very reliable for many years.

Check Consumer Reports to see what they recommend.

And then you will know what not to buy. CR is so wrong so often, that it's safest to assume that if CR recommends it, you do NOT want to buy it. -Dave
Mac Cool wrote:

Get a Kelvinator, they last a long time.

Contrary to all the negative comments above regarding Consumer Reports, you might want to check them for their "noise" rating. I spend a lot of time at the kitchen table late at night either reading or doing crossword puzzles. Nothing more irritating than a noisy appliance. Luckily our dishwasher has a time setting that goes on after I'm in bed.
Ivan Vegvary