Recommend a good greater Atlanta A/C repair company?

Page 1 of 2
My AC has a clogged pipe or some such, and is leaking all over the basement--which is unfurnished, thank goodness. Email welcome, watch the spam trap.
-- bruce The dignified don't even enter in the game. -- The Jam

Sounds like the condensate drain is clogged. Try your shop vacuum on blow first. Neck the hose down and see if you can blow/suck out the obstruction. Turn the ac off at the panel first. Might save ya a service call
Daniel Morley, Morley's Mechanical- 678-549-2084.
You can look him up on www.powercore.net.

The Sanity Inspector wrote:

What I have heard is that the solution for that type of problem is a high-pressure air blast through the drain pipe. I would guess that any HVAC repair place would be able to handle that type of thing.
Still, if you wait long enough perhaps you can heat the water and turn your basement into a large jacuzzi. Just a thought.
--
Blogging at http://HexagonalPeg.blogspot.com

Fix it yourself and save a bunch of money. This is not a technical AC problem, it is a clogged drain on the pan under the coil Run a wire down it to clear it out, flush well with water, take your wife to dinner with the $$$ you saved.
You may want to empty the pan first to find it. Use a wet/dry shop vac or a bucket and sponge. Check the outlet as it may be a glop of stuff there that is easily removed. .
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Gack. Sounds like a clog somewhere in the condenser, which a little drain cleaner or a swipe with a snake might help -- sorry, I have no recs, as I still don't have central air.
--
"Five tacos, one taco burger. Do you know where the American Dream is?"
-- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

A clog in the condenser?
That's kornholer code. Son of orca is suggesting a probing might be in order. Those liberal kornholers are clever.
someone else when I wrote:

It is a good think liberals are clever because I'm a typical conservative who is dumber then a box of rocks in the middle of a quarry. I really hope that the liberals can beat the crap out of us conservatives because we have really done nothing but hurt this country by our mere presence.
Liberals are pussyboy kornholers. Everybody knows that. I'm one. My home's in Tucker I live to pucker.
someone else when I wrote:

Yep, that is me again pretending to be someone else. I don't even know where Tucker is because it certainly isn't in one of these cesspool neighborhood in Philadelpha where I live in the sewers. But I am lying when I say I pucker becuase I gobble the stuff up just as quickly as I can.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

More precisely, in the runoff from the condenser.
A condenser condenses. Otherwise, they'd call it something else. Condensation is liquid water. The complaint was excessive liquid water someplace where it isn't supposed to be, and there wasn't a complaint of insufficient cooling, so my first-blush impression was that the system designed to carry H2O(l) from where it isn't supposed to be to where it is supposed to be is not functioning as intended. A clog is the first thing to check, because it's the simplest to solve.
The condenser is usually indoors, because the role of air conditioning is to remove both heat and humidity, and the condenser sucks H2O(g) from the air and sends it out a pipe as H2O(l). A problem with the blower wouldn't leave water on the floor. A problem with the compressor would be outside. That leaves only one subsystem as the likely culprit.
If there's something wrong in my reasoning, feel free to point it out.
--
"Five tacos, one taco burger. Do you know where the American Dream is?"
-- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

What happened with R.S. Andrews? I used them a few times and wasn't especially happy with them either.
Every tech who comes out has his sales hat on-- always trying to upsell you other services in your house. I had them out on an A/C problem and after the tech was finished, he sat in his truck for 20 minutes preparing a detailed written proposal to upgrade my electric wiring (not related to power for the A/C). He tried to include that write-up time in his bill for the A/C repair.
I told him to stuff it and deduct that time from the bill-- which he reluctantly did. He said they're required to propose other work. If he was telling the truth, that's pretty crummy-- especially if they're billing people for their marketing/write-up time!
Overall, I found their prices are generally on the high side too...

That sounds like a lot of repairmen I've run into lately. I think they primary course they all take is "cheatology".
One look at you fish face and you're fucked. Hide the banjo next time.
Re. my experience with Estes vs R.S. Andrews.
In my previous home in Cobb county, I replaced the 20 year old hvac system with a new Amana dual fuel (gas / electric heat pump) system from Estes. One tech. did the whole job in one day. Never had a problem for the next 6 years.
Recently moved to another neighborhood with a 20 year old house. This time, used R.S. Andrews. Why, you say? The salesmen. The Estes fellow didn't seem knowledgeable and provided a handwritten quote that was confusing. The enthusiastic Andrews guy was professional and knowledgeable.
The 2 story (w/basement) house has 2 complete, independent systems. Both were replaced with Trane dual fuel, heat pumps. In addition, all attic duct work was replaced / upgraded. The three man crew arrived at 9:30 a.m. and left about 10:30 p.m.
7 more service calls were required to fix things they did incorrectly. i.e. installed the wrong thermostats, ran a water supply line in front of the whole house humidifier, so the cover couldn't be removed to change the filter. ( I had to teach the tech. how to solder copper pipe on this call. He didn't have a clue.), ran a gas line to the attic system that did not meet code, etc, etc.
FWIW, I did not have to "fight" to get them back each time but still.....

fix
you
the
the