Recomendations For Motorcycle Tarp

I would like an 8 x 10 tarp to cover my motorcycle and sidecar both summer and winter - probably about the same use requirements as a boat cover.

Polyethelene from Lowe's lasted only a year.

I have links to a 14 oz polyester canvas, and a 18 oz vinyl coated polyester - both for a bout $60.

What would be your recommendations?

Thank you very much.

Dwight Gibb

Reply to
Dwight Gibb

I wouldn't recommend a tarp unless you use a fan. You want a cover which allows air circulation.

IMO, Dowco and Nelson Rigg makes good covers and I've used my Dowco for years, though, I don't know if they make anything for sidecars. I believe you would need one for bike and one for sidecar.

Perhaps you can consider a portable garage such as this....

If you value the bike, I wouldn't skimp on a cover.

Reply to
Meanie

I've got several of the cheap tarps from WM that I use for covering wood piles , my little tractor , etc . They run about 7 or 8 bucks and last a few years if you're reasonably careful . My wife bought me a motorcycle cover last year for Christmas , it's not going to last much longer and cost a lot more .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

maybe here

philo