Recliner mechanism

I have two matching recliners (not La-Z-Boys) .

One recliner operates normally.

The footrest of the other recliner is difficult to lower & raise and it sometimes raises all by itself (without using the handle).

I've turned both recliners upside down and the mechanisms look identical (I see no broken or bent parts).

How can I lubricate the problem recliner's mechanism? What kind of grease or other lubricant should I use?

Reply to
gary

If it is a lubrication problem, I'd use white lithium grease. Check to see that everything is tight and properly aligned. Over time, pins and bushings can wear on stuff like that, making it difficult to operate.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski