Recirculation of air

Page 2 of 2

You have a typical problem in a vertical dwelling. Try running the fan "on" for continuous circulation, make sure to keep the filter clean. Close a few vents in the lower floor/s in cooling season and the opposite in heating season... otherwise, you are probably in need of additional return ductwork on the upper floors.
Look into installing a power roof vent with t-stat..has help many a people

I was on an install a couple years back. We were working in a rather hot attic, and they had a powered roof vent installed as part of the job. We got it wired in, musta made twenty degrees difference in the attic temp.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Like fine wines, memories improve with time.
I've both been a boss and an employee. Which are you referring?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
daytona wrote:

Energy studies show that if the home has a properly insulated attic the installation of a power vent will not decrease air conditioning energy cost enough to pay for the operation of the power vent fan.
Travis Jordan wrote:

Travis,
That is true in new construction where the attic is properly ventilated by continuous ridge and soffit vents. It is NOT the case on many buildings of older design.
We've done some solar-powered vent in INDIANA that seem to work well, provided that attic is also properly insulated and leaks between the conditioned spaces and the attic are minimized.
Jake

Not doubting you a bit but if you could point "me/we/us" to that Energy Study it sure might prove interesting. Bubba

That's another good thought. Definitely worth considering. I will try to make a list of things to check/try, and it would be on this list.
thanks