Reciprocating saw & volt power inverter

Would it be possible to use a reciprocating saw powered by a 12 volt power inverter plugged into my car cigarette lighter without burning out my wiring?

If so, What type power inverter would be best to use?

Would I need to use it direct from my battery?

The power information from the side of the saw is, 115 volts, 6 amps,

50-60 HZ, 0-2300 SPM.

Thanks for any advice Dan

Reply to
Dan Dangerous

no.

115v@6a is 675 watts. at 12v, that's 57 amps not counting inefficiencies in the conversion. a cigarette lighter fuse is usually around 5-10 amps, if that.
Reply to
charlie

buy a inverter twice the wattage of the saw, and connect directly to the battery. inverters are very nice to have around:)

Reply to
hallerb