reciprocating saw question- probelm with blade

Hi, I just bought a Ryobi rec- saw... When I use it sometimes the blade comes out of the unit and gets stock in the wood. I then have to remove the blade and re- insert into the machine..; Has anyone had problems like this and why is this happening? THANKS! KOS
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:55:22 -0700 (PDT), KOS

I had this problem with a Bosch cordless recep saw, that's part of the kit. There was a faulty (missing) piece that retained the blade, so it fell out. Came out of the box like that.
I took it to a local authorized dealer and he fixed in a few minutes. There was no cost. They did record the serial number for the saw as it was a warranty fix.
KOS wrote:

Hi, I never had that kinda trouble. Mine is Milwaukee. I always puchase best I can afford and keep it long time.

I had a Ryobi reciprocating saw before and I didn't realize it had an aluminum chuck? (not sure if that's what it's called) and I over tightened the screw and stripped out the chuck which deemed the thing useless. I guess it didn't help that I was using it to cut through 2 layers of shingles and half inch plywood when I did that..
ummmmmm. because it a ryobi?

This can happen but the fix is easy. The problem lies in the part under the Ryobi name plate. Get the recip saw that is red and says Milwaukee on the side.

I had two Ryobi recip saws and non had this problem. My problem with it is that its under powered and the gear box will strip a gear eventually. I have cut 1" thick steel plates with the Ryobi, a little slow going but without problem.
I've replaced the two Ryobies with a Milwaukee Super Sawall and a Porter Cable Tiger Saw. The difference compare to the Ryobi is like night and day but cost more $$. My blade came out once with the Tiger Saw but it did happen again.