rechargeable batteries?

Page 2 of 2
As for NiMH cells, about a month is how long they last out of the charger. NiMH are for items which are charged more frequently.
The no name NiMH batteries I've had, not worth the trouble. I went through a couple different Ebay purchases, I use a lot of AA cells. The Ebay batteries would go flat, unpredictably. And one out of several would go bad, which is even more trouble. Finally got some Duracell 2650 AA, and been very pleased with them. Digital camera, and mini mag light. I exchange them nearly every day with the ones in the charger, and mix em up, one goes in the camera, one in the light. So they aren't paired up permanantly.
I'd use alkalines in your flash light. Sounds like you don't use it often enough to cycle the batteries through your charger. Instant action, and unpredictable when that will be. That's where alkalines do well. I have two Garrity 3-D flash lights. One in each vehicle. Both on the first set of batteries. I know they are dependable, and will light up mail boxes, etc, while I'm trying to find a house. Not much waste, when I'm on the first set of batteries.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Light that started thread. Three watts and 150 lumens makes an extremely bright LED light. Brighter than any other flashlight I have. LED's most efficient use of electricity and extend battery life.