Recharge my home's own A/C

Page 2 of 2
richardcool wrote:

Fughedit. For what you'd have to spend on things like a vacuum pump, gages, brazing equipment. filling fittings and an online course/license so you could legally handle refrigerants, you could buy three or four brandy new window AC units.
Sometimes you just have to accept "disposable economy" things like that and resist the temptation to try and fix them yourself. The unit you have prolly cost you less than $15/year for the 15 years you've had it.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

And a new model will save more in electricity than the cot of repair. I had a couple of old window units and was glad to see them go. New ones, though "cheaper constructed" are lighter and more efficient.
Yes, much more efficient. the old ones were real gas hogs. Walmart has them down under a hundred bucks. I can't hardly fix one for that.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

--
Tekkie

Window units more often need cleaning. Not need freon. Though, some do need freon. I've made a pile of money cleaning window AC.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.