Recessing PVC Pipe Inside Interior Concrete Block Wall

Between my Utility Room (Laundry and Ironing) and the Garage is a 4" thick concrete block wall. I need to run a 2" PVC vent pipe up this wall and it would save me a lot of trouble if I can recess the pipe into the wall.
This wall is NOT structural. In other words, the top of the wall is not supporting anything on the roof, it is 8' tall and free standing. My question is if I chisel out one side of a 4" thick concrete block wall (which is really not 4" thick right?) will I be able to completely recess a nominal 2" PVC fitting (not pipe, but the fitting which is larger in diameter) into the cavity without breaking the other side of the face?
I know this is an obscured question, and if I have a 4" block laying around I would just break one side of it and try it, but I don't have one and thought if someone here might know.
Thanks in advance.
MC

Measure the maximum size of a fitting, and measure the wall, and see if there is anything left when you subtract the pipe dimension from the block thickness.

That's a mess waiting to happen. Run the pipe down the wall and build a false wall out of lumber. Why do you need to run a 2 pipe down the wall? Can you move it to the corner of the room and build a small chase in the corner? Is this a vent pipe?

Problems: A 4" block wall may be less than 4" thick, depending on the age of the blocks as the manufacturers have resized them a couple of times over the years. Also the cores in concrete blocks taper to allow the mould to be extracted. A 4" concrete block core usually tapers down to nothing or just a small gap at the top of the block, if it was laid correctly, so there is no room for any sized pipe within the wall. Trying to pound out one side of a concrete block wall only 4" thick will most likely cause the entire wall to collapse.