Recessed Wall Heaters

I have a small addition (about 100 sq.ft.) I want to heat with an independant electric system. I pretty much narrowed it down to plain old baseboards (probably 2 x 4-5' sections under each window) or one convection wall heater (with fan) only.

My worry is the walls I have available are outside walls framed with

2x6'. I doubt it is possible add insulation 'behind' a recessed wall heater so won't I lose a lot of heat when the heater is not running?

The small room will be used primarily as a playroom right now. So heat will not be needed more than 10-20% of the day but when its needed, we want it confortable.

Thanks.

Reply to
charlesg

Many of the electric recessed wall heaters are made for a 4" thick wall. That gives you approximately 1.5" to add some high density insulation behind it. If the walls are open you can build a box inside of the wall to completely surround the heater. That would help reduce heat loss as well as letting cold in. You would still be able to put insulation behind the box.

Reply to
John Grabowski

This is not exactly what you asked for but I just bought 5 panel heaters that work very nicely and they are made for that sized space. I am not affiliated with this company in any way - but I really like their product after researching a LOT of options for adding heat to rooms in my own house.

Christine

Reply to
Christine Cato