Recessed Lights to Pendant Lights

I have 2 recessed lights above our bar area and want to replace them with hanging pendent lights. Is there a way to do this without ripping out the entire canned light, put in a box and doing some dry wall work? Is there some kind of a kit available to make this job easier? Any advice or guidance from the group would be appreciated.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Jacobs

A quick google search turned up a company that sells recessed lights to pendant lights conversion kits.

hth,

tom @

Tom The Great

Tom's thing is interesting, other than that you could remove the can, install a box and cover it with a small medallion

Reply to
RBM

Halo makes a Power-Trac Adapter Trim (#477) for their H7, H27, and H44T recessed lights. You could then get one of Halo's pendant lights for their Power-Trac and just plug it in.

Reply to
John Grabowski