Recessed Lighting wiring question

I want to use a recessed fixture (WAC HR-8401H - remodeling fixture) that is labeled "Not rated for through-branch circuit wiring". Does this mean that I cannot feed a second fixture from the first? What I want to do is:

Power -------- Switch ---------- Light #1 --------- Light #2

Is this allowed? Thanks for the help.

Philip

Reply to
Philip

Who makes this? It must have a VERY small box that cannot accept any more than

1 typical 12/2 or 14/2 cable.

You can "float" a 1900 splice box in the ceiling accessable when the fixture is removed, and make all 3 connections there.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Please provide the manufacture. Is this fixture IC rated? Do you need IC? ( direct contact with insulation) Does this fixture have an UL label on it? From what the listing says I think your right. Never heard of anything like this before. I just bought some 4 inch cans from Elco Lighting ww.xxxxx.com. They said not to exceed 2 12-2's. With trims 12 bucks a piece.

Reply to
SQLit

Manufacturer is W A C Lighting. It is UL rated and is non IC.

Philip

Reply to
Philip

Better contact the manufacture. On what you have stated you may have to make each light a dead end and do the makeup in the switch box.

I tried the manufactures web site and one called Y-lighting. Pretty lax in tech specs on the cans. If you bought them from a store I would be making a call to them. From the pictures I saw there looks like there is enough room to do what you want to do. Pictures can be deceiving.

Reply to
SQLit

Thanks.

Manufacturer says no problem. What I am doing is called chain wiring which is allowed. Branch wiring is running wire to another device such as ceiling fan. Another can is okay.

Philip

Reply to
Philip