Recessed lighting trim question.

Hi, My living room has 6 recessed lights, whose trims are held in place by two coil springs (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Halo-Trim-Springs-4-Pack-RS7H/2020 24767).
I want to install LED lights with flush trim like this (http://www.homedepo t.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-in-and-6-in-2700K-White-LED-Recessed-Trim-wit h-90-CRI-CER6730BWH27/204726945), but it appears incompatible as there's no thing for the V springs of this light to grab hold of inside the can.
I don't want to rip these cans out, as there's nothing really wrong with th em. Does anyone know what type/model/name of LED flush fixture I should lo ok for?
Thanks Theodore
On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 10:49:31 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote :

o coil springs (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Halo-Trim-Springs-4-Pack-RS7H/20 2024767).

pot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-in-and-6-in-2700K-White-LED-Recessed-Trim-w ith-90-CRI-CER6730BWH27/204726945), but it appears incompatible as there's nothing for the V springs of this light to grab hold of inside the can.

them. Does anyone know what type/model/name of LED flush fixture I should look for?

I ran into the same problem. A local supermarket was selling those LED conversion kits for $10 and it was hard to pass up. In my case, once the old socket was removed from the old fixture, the new trim would fit right inside the old trim and the part you can on the ceiling was exactly the same size, so it completely covered the old. Only problem was those four spring legs had nothing to grab on to. So, I just removed the old trim, slid the new one into it and used some caulk in a few spots to secure it. Once it was dry, I just put it back in place and connected the LED to the old socket.
trader_4 wrote:

At my cabin kitchen, I could lower the socket down after loosening adjusting screw. Whole socket assembly slid down so LED could disperse light evenly.

o coil springs (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Halo-Trim-Springs-4-Pack-RS7H/20 2024767).

pot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-in-and-6-in-2700K-White-LED-Recessed-Trim-w ith-90-CRI-CER6730BWH27/204726945), but it appears incompatible as there's nothing for the V springs of this light to grab hold of inside the can.

them. Does anyone know what type/model/name of LED flush fixture I should look for?
Your existing recessed lights should have the slots in there for the V spri ngs. They look like two small hooks opposite one another sticking out from the side of the can. Sometimes they are pushed inward to accommodate the trim. I have found them cut off on rare occasion. Post a a photo of the i nside of the can.
John Grabowski http://www.MrElectrician.TV
Thanks for all replies so far. Here's photos. All advice greatly appreciated.
Photo of existing trim:
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/Img_2369_zpsyltoqucn.jpg
Photo of existing recessed light without trim:
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/Sam_9587_zpsjkjq6lzy.jpg
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/Sam_9588_zpsqfuelsvu.jpg
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/Sam_9590_zpscfgaxacv.jpg
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/Sam_9591_zpsqryhsb7w.jpg
Photo of what I _want_ to install (which doesn't appear to grab hold of anything inside the recessed fixture):
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/Sam_9592_zpsofmuph3q.jpg
On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 9:22:12 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Will the new trim fit inside the old trim? If so, see my glue them together solution.

That can does not have the required hooks for the V spring. You will need to find an LED replacement that will work for your cans.

Yep, I tend to agree. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

These work in any can because the springy clips grab the sides
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cree-6-in-TW-Series-65W-Equivalent-Soft-White-2700K-Dimmable-LED-Retrofit-Recessed-Downlight-DRDL6-06227009-12DE26-1C100/205337184