Recessed Lighting Problems?

I have a new home construction with an insulated cathedral ceiling. Should I be hesitant to use the ICAT recessed lighting housings? I know the literature says they are ok for insulated ceilings, but I've also heard that teh heat-overload sensors can repeatedly kick-out if the housings build up too much heat? Since i can't easily get to the ceiling after installation, it has me worried. Is this really a problem?
--
Jimboat

The ICAT housing is designed to have insulation up to it. Temperature cutouts go bad on occasion in any recessed fixture. If it happens, you'll need to get to it.

The insulation contact recessed light fixtures are normally rated for a maximum of 75 watts each. If you put a larger bulb in them the thermal cutout will shut it off until it cools down. If you want to use non IC rated fixtures in order to have more light, you will need to cut the insulation back so that it is 3" away from each fixture.
It is better to put the light fixtures in a cathedral ceiling now during construction. It is much more difficult after the house is finished. BTW if you cannot get to the ceiling after installation, how do you plan to change the light bulbs?

Why not put compact fluorescent reflector lamps in the fixtures? The heat generated is substantially less than with incandescent bulbs and you won't have to replace them as often.
Use Energy Star approved bulbs though. That way you have some assurance of rated life, color, light output, etc.
TKM