Recessed lighting.

I am in the process of replacing my basement cieling with drywall. I want to install recessed lighting sa the ceiling is quite low. I believe that this option optimizes space. My question is, should I get the lights ready and wired out to and then drywall them in? As I write this it seems to only make sense that way. Thanks!

Reply to
rw

Typically the cans and wiring goes in before the drywall.

If your using insulation in the space make sure your cans are IC rated. I will not install any can that is not IC rated. Just my preference. There are lots of stores on line that sell cans and trims for less money that the box stores. I just bought 4-4" cans with 2 stepped down trims and 2 wall washers trims for $75 delivered. Larger cans were less money, but I could not use them in my application. I use CF lamps in all of my cans.

Reply to
SQLit